If you want a recomendation letter from Josh read below.
Writing a recomendation letter takes time so please check with me to see if I have time. Some years I am writting / sumbitting letters for 8 people (undegrads, grads, postdocs, faculty) and I will have difficulty finding time for another.
If I agree here is what I’d like from you:
- A calender event shared with me set for noon one businees day before the rec letter is due for each letter
- An up-to-date CV / resume
- When we first met and how
- What you think are your technical skills / strengths
- Any leadership roles you have held
For graduate students there are some additional questions:
- Your teaching / TA experience
- Your adminstration experince